Effective Date: November 3, 2023
Types of Personal Information We Collect
For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” is any information about an identifiable individual, including any information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify an individual. Personal Information does not include aggregated information, or any Personal Information that has been de-identified through the removal of potentially identifying details, such that the data may not be identified with a particular individual.
We collect Personal Information that you share with us directly or provide in connection with the Platform. The types of Personal Information that we collect are as follows:
- Account Information. When you create or reconfigure a Validere account, we collect your name, email address, and other contact information that you provide to us including professional details, such as your company, industry, and role/ job title. Registration for a Validere account also requires your birth date or identifying business number. You must be at least 18 years old to create a Validere account, and we will not knowingly collect information from persons under 18 years of age.
- User-Submitted Information. We collect Personal Information that you provide to us directly in connection with your use of our Platform, such as information you provide via email, telephone, online forms, support requests, or any other means of communication.
Other than some key information which we require to provide our Platform, most of the Personal Information that you provide to us is optional. If you choose to not disclose certain Personal Information to us, that may mean that you will not be able to access certain features of the Platform. For example, you must provide your name and email address to create a Validere account.
We rely on you to ensure that the Personal Information you provide to us is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You may make changes or corrections to your Personal Information at any time. If you would like to review or update your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information provided below.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Validere generally collects, uses, discloses, processes, and retains your Personal Information to provide the Platform and operate its business, including for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you
- to establish your identity within the context of your use of the Platform
- to develop and test new products and features
- to provide you with support and ongoing customer service
- to help you efficiently access and use our Platform (e.g., to remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Platform)
- to provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Platform
- to process payments
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- for such other purposes consistent with these objectives
Validere may also use your Personal Information to ensure compliance with our policies and terms, to protect our property and business interests and the interests of our customers, and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- with your consent
- where we believe, upon reasonable grounds, that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of an identifiable person or group
- where necessary to establish or collect monies owing to Validere
- where necessary to permit Validere to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that Validere may ascertain
- where Validere believes, upon reasonable grounds, that a breach of an agreement or contravention of law has been, or is about to be, committed, and that it is reasonable to expect that disclosure, with the knowledge or consent of the individual, would compromise the investigation
- where Validere believes, upon reasonable grounds, that fraud is likely to be committed and it is necessary to use the Personal Information to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud
- where it is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
We may provide your Personal Information to a third party where reasonably required in the context of a sale, merger, or amalgamation involving all or part of our business. In any such case, the recipient parties will be contractually required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the purposes of the transaction, or proposed transaction, in question.
We and our service providers may disclose your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law, including the disclosure of Personal Information where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or to prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Processing of Personal Information by Third Parties
Cross-border Data Transfer
You are aware that the transfer of your personal data is necessary for Validere to provide the Platform you have requested, which includes, without limitation, the consolidation of user-generated information for analytics purposes. You understand that your personal data may be transferred to third parties, including affiliates and Service Providers, who may be located in countries with different data protection laws, and that your personal information may be processed and stored on systems located outside of your home country.
By providing this consent, you acknowledge that your personal data may be subject to access requests by governmental authorities or law enforcement agencies in the recipient countries in accordance with their local laws.
Cookies and Related Technologies
How We Safeguard Personal Information
We endeavor to maintain appropriate physical, procedural, and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your Personal Information. This also applies to the disposal or destruction of Personal Information. We further protect your Personal Information by restricting its access to those employees who need to have knowledge of that information in order for us to provide our Platform, as determined by the management of the Corporation.
These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction. While we take reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the information you submit via the Platform or in connection with the Platform from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration, and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet or electronic communication transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Internet or electronic communications, including those sent through the Platform, may not be secure. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security: for example, (i) unauthorized access, use, or disclosure; (ii) hardware or software failure; and (iii) other events may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Platform and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with.
Retention of Personal Information
Links to other Websites
Your Choices & Access to Your Personal Information
We value your choices when it comes to your Personal Information. You choose how much information to share with us through the registration process and through your use of the Platform. You generally have the right to withdraw your consent to any further collection, use, or disclosure of any elements of your Personal Information, subject to legal and contractual requirements; however, such a withdrawal may reduce your ability to take full advantage of our Platform.
If you are a registered user of our Platform, we provide you with tools and resources to access or modify the Personal Information you provided to us and associated with your account. You also have the right to access and request correction or updating of your Personal Information, subject to limited exceptions prescribed by applicable laws. To guard against fraudulent requests, we may require sufficient information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is authorized to do so before granting access or modifying any Personal Information.
If you would like to discuss your privacy choices, including your ability to opt-out of providing certain information, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
How to Contact Us
Validere Technologies Inc.
1300 Yonge Street, Suite 701